Should you experience any transmission problems, please give us a call at (304)-292-7211.
Here are some tips from our master technicians:
- Have your transmission fluid changed regularly
- Routinely check level and condition of transmission fluid
- Check the ground under your vehicle for leaks
- Check the grill and radiator area for obstructions, if you vehicle has an external transmission cooler, check around it for obstructions also
- If you use your vehicle for towing, check on having an external transmission cooler installed
- Check belts and coolant hoses regularly
If your automatic transmission is not shifting, slipping or leaking, it is possible that it could be fixed with minor adjustments or replacement or external controls or parts. It could also be an electrical problem, newer vehicles are computer controlled and the transmission is shifted by a computer and solenoids, which can fail and cause shifting and drivability issues.
The fluid in a transmission is very critical. It transfers power and provides the necessary pressure to operate, it lubricates all the internal parts, and it keeps the transmission cool. Therefore, a transmission fluid leak is not something to ignore. Leaks can cause the transmission to slip, make noise, and overheat, causing damage that could ultimately lead to major repairs.
If your standard transmission has a noise, is not shifting correctly, or the clutch pedal feels wrong, it may also just be a simple adjustment or external part that needs replaced. Sometimes dirty, incorrect, or low fluid may also cause these problems .
Noisy and poor shifting transfer cases can also be fixed with minor adjustments or parts. As in a standard transmission, dirty, incorrect or low fluid levels can also cause these issues.